Thermocouple Reporting "Invalid"
When operating a Monnit Thermocouple Sensor, you may encounter a reading "Invalid". This is generally a result of the temperature being detected being out of range of the sensor.
Monnit’s Thermocouple sensor supports a temperature range with a third-party K-Type probe of -200°C to 1350°C. If the sensor is calibrated to be outside that range or reports a temperature outside that range, the Invalid reading will be present.
To resolve this:
- Be sure the probe is not measuring a temperature outside of the -200°C to 1350°C range.
- Reset the calibration to default.
- Examine the K-Type connection to be sure it is firmly secured.
- Examine the sensor for indications of hardware issues.
- Test with a different K-Type Thermocouple probe.
If the reading persists even when the temperature is within the supported range, the sensor may need to come in for a repair. Please contact email@example.com for further feedback.