Advanced Vibration Meter—Hardware Error
The ALTA Advanced Vibration Meter has error reporting, which various conditions can trigger. Examine the factors below to determine the issue.
- Is the meter’s placement and probe lead wire near sources of electromagnetic interference (EMI)? The lead wire isn’t shielded so EMI can affect it.
- Examine the meter for nicks or a kinked lead wire.
- Is the end of the lead—the probe—damaged?
Firmware 16.x.x.x and earlier may exhibit this issue.
Identify the Issue
To identify if the issue is the meter’s hardware or if it is a result of environmental/installation conditions, please follow the steps below:
- Remove the meter from its installation.
- Place it 10–15 feet from the gateway.
- Turn the meter off for 60 seconds, then back on.
If the sensor checks in without the error persistently, the issue is likely related to EMI or other environmental conditions in the installation location. If the problem persists after the firmware is up to date and the sensor is removed from the installation, the sensor may need to be returned to Monnit for a hardware repair. Please contact email@example.com to request a repair.