Dry Contact Sensor Configuration and Installation Guide
Monnit ALTA Wireless, ALTA-ISX, PoE•X, and MoWi WiFi Dry Contact Sensors can be used to detect contact between two wired contact points.
Settings to Configure
- Below (CFM)—Assessments below this value will cause the sensor to enter the Aware State.
- Above (CFM)—Assessments above this value will cause the sensor to enter the Aware State.
- Altitude—Enter the sensor’s altitude in meters above sea level for greater accuracy—default 0 Meters.
- Show Temperature—Shows Temperature with the Pressure Reading.
Additional Features and Options
- Scale—This sensor supports changing the unit of measurement from Fahrenheit to Celsius or vice versa. It also allows changing the Air Speed Scale to meters per second (Mps), miles per hour (mph), kilometers per hour (kmph), Knots (knot), cubic feet per minute (CFM), cubic meters per hour (CMH), and cubic meters per minute (CMM). Configure and install the Monnit Dry Contact Sensor in five easy steps using this guide. Soon you’ll be monitoring product volume, mechanical actuation, and more.
Note: If this is your first time setting up your Monnit system, you must first set up your iMonnit account and connect your ALTA Gateway to iMonnit before registering your sensor. See this article for steps outlining how to get started: Creating an iMonnit account.
Remove the sensor from the package. If installing an industrial sensor, attach the antenna.
Register the sensor in iMonnit. Do not install the batteries until told to do so in iMonnit.
Determine the sensor’s installation location. We recommend placing the sensor in the location and making sure it reports to the gateway before final installation. See this article if you’re using an ALTA Site Survey Tool to perform a site survey to determine sensor installation location.
After verifying that the sensor is communicating with the gateway, mount the sensor using the supplied screws or double-sided tape. Ensure that the sensors’ 12" (30.48 cm) lead wires have enough room to mount to the contact points.
Attach the red and black wires to the desired end points.
WARNING: Use caution when interfacing with Monnit Dry Contact Sensors. Any external AC or DC Voltages WILL DAMAGE the electronics of the wireless sensor. Monnit is not responsible for troubleshooting, replacing, or reimbursing damages incurred by disregarding this warning.