Backup iMonnit Enterprise
Creating a backup of iMonnit Enterprise prior to performing an upgrade
It is important to backup your iMonnit Enterprise installation prior to performing an upgrade to a new version. This article will provide the resources which guide you through those steps.
Summary of Steps
- Create a backup of your site files
- Create a backup of your Enterprise database
- Be sure to document your Activation Key
Backing up your site files
Create a .zip file of your site files.
- Navigate to C:interpubwwwroot
- Right click the Enterprise folder.
- Select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- Store the .zip file in a safe location.
Backing up your SQL database
Create a backup of your SQL database.
- Launch SQL Server Management Studio
- In the Object Explorer in the left-hand column, expand the Server.
- Expand Databases.
- Locate the Enterprise database.
- Right click the database and select Tasks > Backup.
- Confirm the destination.
The database will be backed up and can be restored in the future if needed.
Backup you %appdata% folder
There are config files for installation located in the %appdata% folder. Create a backup of this folder.
- Select the Windows button to access search.
- Enter the text “%appdata%” and press return.
- Make a copy of the folder labeled “Enterprise” in this directory (you may want right click, select Send To, and select Compressed (zipped) folder to create a .zip file).
Be sure to document your Activation Key
Retrieve your Activation Key from the email Monnit sent when the key was purchased. If you do not have the original email, you may be able to retrieve it from the Enterprise Configuration Utility with the following steps.
- Launch the Enterprise Configuration Utility.
- Click the Update Key button.
The current key may be listed in the Activation Key field.
If you are unable to retrieve the key, you may be able to retrieve it from Monnit Support with your order number. Track down your original order number and email email@example.com, and they may be able to provide the key.