Checking the Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server Service is Running with iMonnit Enterprise
The Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server is a service that runs in the Services. msc program of Windows on an iMonnit Enterprise server.
This server accepts incoming communications from gateways and transmits data to the server on the configured port (by default, port 3000). This service must be running for gateways to send data to the iMonnit Enterprise server.
Summary of steps
- Access the iMonnit Enterprise server.
- From a user that has the proper permissions, launch the Services.msc program in Windows (searching "services" in Windows search should access Services)
- In the list of services, locate the Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server.
- Check that the status is "running."
- If the status is "stopped", right-click the service and select "Start Service."
You can confirm the gateway is accepting communication by using the Communication Check Utility.
Information about this can be found in the section called The Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server of this article.
Symptoms of the service not running
If the Enterprise Wireless Server service is not running on the Enterprise server, you will find all of the gateways and sensors added to the server will be unable to communicate.
If you find that all your devices have stopped sending data to your server, this is the first thing to check.
Some common causes of the service stopping are listed below:
- Windows updates.
- Incompatible version of Windows (Windows 10 Home and Windows Server are supported; Windows Pro and Enterprise are supported if Active Directory is disabled).
- Permissions not allowing the service to run on start-up.
- Security software.
- Conflict with ports (default inbound TCP and UDP port 3000, standard HTTP/HTTPS ports 80/443).
- Problems with Activation Key.
- SQL password that contains special characters (you will want to test with a standard text password).
- Inadequate full read/write permissions for the SQL user.
- One or more of the items in this checklist are not enabled.