Rules - Adding Devices to a Rule Trigger Condition in iMonnit
For a Task to be triggered by a sensor, the sensor must first be assigned to the Rule. Once the Rule is assigned, the sensor can trigger the condition.
This step can be overlooked because a user can create a Rule that is not configured to be triggered by a sensor.
This article will demonstrate how to confirm a Rule has a Condition triggering device
Summary of Steps
- Log into the iMonnit Online Portal with a user with the required permissions.
- Select Rules in the main navigation menu.
- Select the Rule to which you wish to add the sensor as a triggering device to the Conditions.
- Select the Condition tab at the top of the sub-navigation menu (Path icon).
- In the Available Sensors/Gateways pane, select the checkmark icon for the device you wish to trigger the Task (the checkmark will be green for any enabled trigger sensors.