Determine Why You Didn’t Receive a Notification
If you didn’t receive an alert and are unsure why this, article provides you with the resources to determine the reason. Consider the article a checklist with resources to examine possible reasons why a Notification didn’t appear in iMonnit and why an alert wasn’t sent to your phone.
Network and User Configurations
- Are Notifications or Alerts enabled for the Sensor Network?
- Are the User’s Notification Details configured to allow Notifications?
- Has the User opted out of Notifications?
If the User has opted out, the status in the Rules History will show a message indicating this. If yes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the associated email address to request notifications be enabled.
- Are Rules paused for the specific sensor or paused at the time of the trigger event?
- Was the Rule Active/Enabled at the time of the event?
- Was the Rule armed at the time of the triggering event?
- Is there a sensor assigned to the trigger Condition of the Rule?
Confirm that the sensor you expected to report the reading and trigger a notification is configured to do it.
- Is the threshold of the trigger Condition configured for the correct value and scale?
- Is the trigger Condition configured with the correct datum?
When configuring a triggering Condition of a sensor that reports multiple datum types (such as a Humidity Sensor), Rules can be triggered by various these various datum types. If the correct datum is not selected, you will trigger the Rule based on a different value than expected.
- Have you correctly configured the trigger threshold for the Rule type (Sensor Reading vs. Advanced Rule)?
A Sensor Reading can trigger a Rule, or the sensor’s Aware State can trigger it.
- Have you configured a recipient?
- Is there a configured delay?
If so, confirm the triggering condition persisted for the delayed time.
- Is there a schedule configured for the Rule?
If using the Before and After schedule, be sure it is correctly configured.
- Are there System Actions configured which affected the notification behavior?
- Do you see the Alert Sent column show True for the specific reading if you export the sensor data?
See this article for Humidity sensors with firmware prior to 17.x.x.x.
- For Sensor Reading Rules, has the sensor been triggering for more than 24 hours?
- For Advanced Rules (Rules based on Aware State), has the sensor been in its Aware State for more than 48 hours?