Adding SMTP Configurations to Send Notifications
iMonnit Enterprise offers the configuration of your own SMTP server in order to facilitate the delivery of email notifications, as well as SMS via External Delivery (Email to SMS) in the software.
- Verify that your Enterprise installation has an active Internet connection which meets the necessary requirements.
- Log in as the top-level Admin User.
- Navigate to Admin > Portal > Portal Settings.
- Enter your SMTP configurations.
- Click Save.
- Stop the Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server Service.
- Launch the Services.msc program in Windows (you can generally search "services" in the Windows search).
Note: you must have permissions to stop and start the service.
- Locate the Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server service in the list.
- Right click the Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server service.
- Select Stop.
- Stop the Enterprise Portal Website in IIS.
- Launch the IIS (Internet Information Services) program in Windows (you can generally search "iis" in Windows search).
Note: you must have appropriate permissions to stop and start the service.
- Expand NAME > Sites.
- Click to highlight the Enterprise Portal.
- In the Actions sidebar in the right side of the window, click Stop.
- Start the Enterprise Portal Website in IIS.
- Start the Enterprise Wireless Gateway Server service.
- Perform a Notification Test.
If the test is successful, you have completed the SMTP server configuration. If the test is not successful, you will want to refer to your SMTP server provider to discuss configurations.